Anyway, it was just a small contest, with a relatively small prize, but isn't it amazing how the small things can really polish up your day (or week)?? It's given me a small, if glitzy, glow, and pumped up my often deflated self esteem. I may even spend one of the coupons I won!! That is if I ever get over to the contest office to pick up my prize. I know I should do more writing. I have two plays and a book begun, but there they sit. This blog has been a little boost to my "get up and write", and maybe now the contest will give it a further kick in the rear.
So anyway, if you want to see the rest of the entries, go to http://vabook.wordpress.com/20
-
A mossy green log, preferably over a shady stream - not too far from the March Hare’s hole preferably- with dragonflies zooming by to carry away any mosquitoes - THAT’s the place to read. A place where civil war battles and hoop skirts seem not too far. Or knights in shining armor searching for medieval castles could step out of the woods at any minute. The dampness of the log would ease any pain from staying in one position too long, and the drowsy hum of the bees in the meadow nearby would would soon bring the dreams of the book into the reality of slumber.
No comments:
Post a Comment