
A dear friend is dying. It is sudden. One minute she's playing golf as she did 95% of the year, and the next she is dizzy, confused, and very ill. Too quick. Another friend dies after two days of illness. And Dad wakes up with a cold, coughs hard, says "That feels better." and is gone. I know with my family history I am a cardiovascular incident waiting to happen. This brings real urgency to bear on a number of things.
Today I made a new album on facebook - - "Nieces and Nephews". It revved up more communications with them, and I realized that there is a lot about family history they may not know. Someday I want them to share in the family treasures (Paul and Kaylene really don't want all of them), but those treasures need to be identified for them, and the memories associated with them recorded. So, another big item on my "to do" list. I am glad that I made hand embroidered (by me) pillowcases for each of them a goal, and I have 13 of the 18 finished. And it is a highlight of my life to communicate with them. I confess to having favorites... in fact my favorites happen to be whichever ones have communicated most recently. I hope they will always know and remember that I love them.

All of this comes back to the New Year Resolutions. Now if I could just do the blogging, and recording the memories instead of playing those dumb computer games!
No comments:
Post a Comment