Well, the votes were counted on Saturday and I did not win one of the three seats up for election. I came in fourth. It is a disappointment. And my good friend, Leighton, who has worked very hard for LMOA and was a wonderful leader on the Board of Directors from 2007 to 2010 came in behind me. . I really feel badly about that. And it raises some real concerns:
1) Did those quiet folks who want a great community and positive influences, and expressed support for us neglect to fill out their ballots?
2) Was this a raising up of the negativity that seems to be sweeping the news media? I understand even though they didn't put it in their campaign materials, these candidates talked of lowering the dues the majority of us worked hard to raise two years ago.
3) Was I wrong in not standing up and "making a stink" about violations of regulations and policies during the election? Remember my post of June 12?? "But if you feel that way, they protest, why don't you rise up and make that an issue?? Why don't you report those signs, or let the other voters know about it? Why not? And then I tell them, "I stand by my convictions. . . but I don't convict other people with them." "
But along with the disappointment are many positives and reassurances:
1) 529 homeowners, many of whom I know as quality people who are hard workers for the community, voted for me. And many of them gave me great encouragement, thanked me for running, and supported me in other ways.
2) Throughout the several weeks before the results were posted, God brought verses to mind such as Jeremiah 29:11 and especially Psalm 56:3. And I had great peace about the outcome. I know that being on the Board of Directors is not necessary to define my character, my worth, or my reputation. My value is in Jesus.
3) I know that I have nothing to be ashamed of in my campaign. Not only did I follow man's rules and regulations, most of the time I feel that I followed God's rules. And I thank Him for keeping my mouth shut some times when I wanted to blurt out the wrong things.
4) And there is still a chance that I will end up on the Board of directors.
And so life goes on. Right now I am faced with some decisions, so I value your prayer for me that I would follow God's will. And always thank you when you remember me to our Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment