Monday, February 8, 2010

Going Commercial!




So, as I am blogging away, I thinks to myself, "Just how many people read this?" I send the link to friends and family, I post it on Facebook to my 400+ nearest and dearest, but I can't tell if anyone is paying any attention. I start looking around in my account and elsewhere and there is nothing to tell me how many 'hits' I have. I want to be like Julie as she blogs away about Julia Childs and her readership goes up. No counter. And then I see the offer to put ads onto my website. And if I put ads on my website, they will pay me on occasion (ha, ha) depending on how many hits I get. And once I sign up for allowing ads on my website, I can sign up for the free analytics program from Google to count the number of hits I get.

Hooray! Soooo, we'll see how this small experiment works out. Hard telling what kinds of spam it sets me up for. We'll see how long it takes me to disengage if I need to. And I sincerely hope they put the right kinds of ads up. That too remains to be seen.

BUT you know I love to experiment, so here goes. At least I won't have to eat it..... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment